The Fremantle Trust – Temporary Managed Services
The Fremantle Trust – a not for profit organisation – are recognised for their quality, providing first class care and support services for older people and adults with learning disabilities.
Fremantle’s vision is to create great communities for people who need care and support. Their values are embedded across the organisation, and they enhance people’s lives by putting care and kindness in all they do.
The Fremantle Trust operate across 58 locations in the Home Counties in the South of England. Their workforce of 2,200 dedicated employees provide support for over 2000 people.
The Fremantle Trust were suffering from spiralling agency costs. In some cases, the temporary workers that were recruited were not of the high standard that The Fremantle Trust needed.
The recruitment experience for permanent staff, for both candidates and hiring managers, was reflecting negatively on The Fremantle Trust’s employer brand. As a result, their attraction strategies were often falling short.
Cohesion came in as Fremantle’s Recruitment Partner, and set a number of objectives that were outlined to be achieved; implementing an Applicant Tracking System; improving the candidate experience, and; widening the reach of attraction strategies, to name a few.
Cohesion dedicated a recruitment resource to manage the process for all roles. With the objective of improving the current recruitment process to create a more positive recruitment experience, Cohesion utilised their expertise and set about implementing a consistent and robust recruitment process for all roles.
Widening the reach of attraction strategies, and using and reviewing alternative attraction routes, allowed Cohesion to improve the quality of candidate being recruited.
The rationale behind the implemented solution was that recruiting better quality candidates, who have the right values and behaviours, will help to ensure people not only perform better, but stay longer.
By introducing our very own Applicant Tracking System, MORS, it meant that all activity was recorded and tracked. For the first time, Fremantle has access to Management Information used to inform the business of future strategy.
Cohesion’s Relationship with The Fremantle Trust
The solution was first implemented in July of 2015, after an in-depth Recruitment review had been conducted by Cohesion. The review looked at several key areas, including; Recruitment Expertise, Strategy, Technology, Employer Brand, Sourcing & Attraction, Process Management, Assessment & Selection, Pre-Employment, and Management Information.
Following the review, it was agreed a dedicated recruitment resource was needed.
- From the beginning of July 2015, to the end of June 2016, 343 new starters had joined The Fremantle Trust through Cohesion’s recruitment resource
- In year 1, by introducing a Neutral Vendor Managed Service solution to the temporary recruitment process, Cohesion saved The Fremantle Trust £320,283.91 in agency margin alone
- Retention statistics improved hugely – 92% of all Cohesion new starters are still in place today
- Safeguarding and regulation compliance is very important to Cohesion. Regular audits take place on all temporary staff – a thorough pre -employment process has been implemented for all permanent starters
- On average, 97% of temporary worker shifts that were raised, were subsequently filled
- The implementation of Exit and Retention interviews has demonstrated The Fremantle Trust’s dedication to hearing what their staff have to say, with positive actions arising from feedback recieved already being put into place.