The Fremantle Trust – Permanent Recruitment
The Fremantle Trust – a not for profit organisation – are recognised for their quality, providing first class care and support services for older people and adults with learning disabilities.
The Trust’s vision is to create great communities for people who need care and support. Their values are embedded across the organisation, and they enhance people’s lives by putting care and kindness in all they do.
The Fremantle Trust operate across 58 locations in the Home Counties in the South of England. Their workforce of 2,200 dedicated employees provide support for over 2000 people.
The Trust had little internal recruitment expertise, antiquated attraction channels in use and ineffective, poor quality candidates reaching the latter stages of t he recruitment process. Spend on temporary workers was also unacceptably high, with minimal controls on quality and compliance. Filling nursing vacancies was particularly difficult, both for permanent and temporary roles.
Cohesion have been providing a full end-to-end Recruitment Process solution to The Fremantle Trust since 2015, and has since worked in partnership to reach, engage and retain the brightest and best candidates through enhancing The Trust’s brand, improving the candidate experience and reducing time-to-hire.
Following a detailed consultancy review, our solution was built upon wanting to achieve a number of recruitment objectives for the Trust:
– Improve the current recruitment process to allow for better candidate engagement and vacancy management;
– To have a strategic focus on recruitment that looked at both short and long – term approaches;
– To widen their reach by using and reviewing alternative attraction routes to market, and;
– To provide detailed management information to the business that can be used to inform strategic and people – oriented business decisions.
Overall, Cohesion’s strategic rationale has been to reach, engage and retain the brightest and best candidates through enhancing the Trust’s brand, improving the candidate experience and reducing time-to-hire.
Over the course of our partnership with The Fremantle Trust, we have produced some fantastic results. Namely:
– A total of 749 starts have been recruited;
– 92% of all new-starters are still with the company today;
– Following face-to-face interviews – a 71% average conversion rate has been achieved;
– 100% compliance achieved in temp agency staffing
– 83% retention of starters after 12 months, and 72% from when we started working with Fremantle.
– 1432 New External Hires
– 82% conversion from interview to offer
– 88% attendance at interview stage
Cohesion’s Relationship with The Fremantle Trust
We recently caught up with the Director of People, Deirdre Saliba, to get her take on the service she receives from Cohesion:
“Cohesion’s pro-active approach to problem solving together with their creative approach is to be commended and I watched as one by one they brought many of our sceptical manager’s on board.
Today, we have a healthy recruitment pipeline in most locations, our vacant hours are drastically reduced which has a huge impact on agency costs and quality of care. The average time to offer has reduced considerably and more encouraging is the quality of our new colleagues who are recruited for their ‘values’ in most cases which are at the heart of everything the Trust does.
As our partnership with Cohesion strengthens, their knowledge of what we need just keeps growing and they are now thought of as an extension of the HR team and are referred to as our ‘recruitment team’ rather than as ‘the agency supporting us with recruitment.”